RE: that NY Times article

From: BOB KISS <bobkiss_at_caribsurf.com>
Date: Mon, 01 May 2006 10:36:32 -0300

As mentioned in my earlier postings I enjoy debate and even some good
obscenities. I had no problem with the tirades from anyone. What upset me
were the specific sexist and personal attacks using obscenity.
Passion? Anger? Righteousness? Heck yeah! I think we are discussing a
matter of degree and some of those removed went over the top. I believe
Gordon will confirm that the two who were removed were NOT removed for their
political rants but for their obscenely sexist and personal attacks. I hope
Dave and Tom can be convinced to, and will be permitted to, return to the
list...however these are two VERY different questions. The reason they have
been blocked should be made CRYSTAL clear...it was not their politics...it
was their obscene sexism and personal attacks.
Do I wish we could all concentrate on Alt Photo? Sure. The reality is that
we are living the famous Chinese curse, "May you live in interesting times".
Well, the times, they are interesting and they spill over into just about
every part of life.
Soooooooooooooooooo, I ask the following of the entire list:
1) Take a deep breath and exhale slowly.
2) Let's TRY to concentrate on Alt. Photo.
3) If we do get political, let's try to follow Gordon's list rules (You
should all have them today as it is the first of the month) and NOT indulge
in personal attacks. Offer differing political views if you must but stay
away from Mr. Ad Hominem.

Well, I am not a list minder and I hope my suggestions will be seen as well
intended.
        HAPPY MAY DAY!
                CHEERS!
                        BOB