Dmax versus process?

From: Yves Gauvreau <gauvreau-yves_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 01 May 2006 11:16:28 -0400

Hi,

say you make several prints using the same paper, maybe a step tablet to
keep it as simple as possible, what could one expect in terms print Dmax
from various process like Salt prints, Kallitype, Vandyke, Argyrotype,
Platinum, Palladium and pigment based process say gum and or carbon?

If there is some text somewhere on this, it would be fine. I know some of
you teach alt-process printing and I'm sure someone as an idea on this, it
doesn't have to be in absolute terms.

Thanks
Yves

PS. Please don't say try it out yourself...