Re: arrogance and politics

From: Phillip Murphy <pmurf_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 06 May 2006 08:20:32 -0500

I completely agree; it is the details that make the list valuable for me
personally. "God is in the details" ; or is it "the Devil is in the
details"?

Using the "Delete" button is an excellent way to handle subjects that
one doesn't care for or is "off-topic". To save the expensive of having
to replace a worn-out delete key on your keyboard, I have provided a
few links to pages that outline how to filter your email with several of
the more popular email clients. Some pages may be a bit dated for the
current version of the client that you are using; however, you should
get the gist of how to apply it to your own situation.

Outlook and Outlook Express filtering
http://tinyurl.com/lm67z
http://tinyurl.com/ftrv4
http://tinyurl.com/kzy2y

Apple Mail filtering
http://tinyurl.com/ztals

Thunderbird filtering
http://tinyurl.com/zmxv3

Eudora filtering
http://tinyurl.com/fdeam

Mailsmith filtering
http://tinyurl.com/fkoye

-Phillip

***Bob Kiss wrote:

DEAR TERRY,

You have undoubtedly heard that “one man’s meat is another’s poison”. I am
sorry that details drive away some who have unsubscribed but, as
mentioned in
my earlier e-mail, I think we all know how to use a delete button. When
I see
a topic in which I am not interested, I use it.

********Much more importantly, I have been humbled by the realization
that some
details which don’t interest me today will suddenly become extremely
important
tomorrow when I will be working in a new process. I have thanked the list,
Gord, and God many times that ALL of the discussions AND DETAILS are in the
archives! If they go off list then they are lost to us.

I believe the 11th commandment should be “Thou shalt edit thine own e-mails”
rather than discouraging ANY contributions to this list, how ever minute
they
seem to us personally.

CHEERS!

BOB