RE: First Argyrotype

From: Don Bryant <dstevenbryant_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 11:14:28 -0400

Loris,

<

I plan to explore the following toning options: a) gold (thiourea + gold) b)
palladium (citric acid + palladium). I don't have the regular palladium
salt, Li2PdCl4 instead (because I do Ziatypes, not D.O.P Palladiums and have
plenty of it on hands). Any of you with experience toning kallitype /
vandyke / argyrotype with Li2PdCl4? I guess (hope) toning will cure problems
related to solarization too. I don't plan to exhibit / sell untoned prints
anyway...

 <

Yes, it will work fine as a palladium toner. So will the cesium salts if you
have any of that.

Don