Re: oil prints -selective inking

From: henk thijs <henk.thijs_at_hetnet.nl>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 11:24:38 +0200

  Hi Gordon,
If I understand your question correct , you suggest that one could
produce something like a multicolor gumprint, not with watercolor but
oil-based ink ?
First of all, there is no difference in the inking of the matrix for an
oilprint or a bromoilprint, and yes you can use different colors, but
it is not comparable with a tricolor gumprint ( reading everything I
could find in respect to bromoil and oilprinting I didn't find anything
like multiple coatings and/or separation negs . But of course the ins
and outs of alt process are unpredictable ....:-)
You can ink a matrix , let it dry, soak again and ink again with a
different color over the dried matrix, and here you can go for
different results, but in limits.
The german bromoilist Martin Pudenz produces very colorful
bromoilprints with using the skills of his education as a painter, but
that is something else. Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Henk

www.thijs-foto.com