Re: oil prints -selective inking

From: henk thijs <henk.thijs_at_hetnet.nl>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 17:30:52 +0200

Hi John,
Why do you 'sand' the aluminium? If you coat a very clean alu-sheet (I
did it with white spirit; just continue cleaning as long as it gives
black rubbish on your towel or whatever - oh this struggling with your
language, especially for the day-to-day words :-), and after that the
'pollmeier beer coating'.
In that case you have the chance to bring back a beautiful shining
surface in the end, after waiting about 8 month (!) you can use some
varnish and it is i.m.o. the only process in alt where you can compete
with a 'waterlike' result (you know, the gumprint in the water, such a
beautiful unreachable goal, or?)
Exposure times looks a bit long; did you try the neg. for example also
for gum?, or cyano?; just for a reference?
Succes.
Cheers, Henk

www.thijs-foto.com