RE: studio cameras circa 1950s

From: BOB KISS <bobkiss_at_caribsurf.com>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 07:52:15 -0300

DEAR LIST,
        Though the discussion of Speed Graphics (I still use one as a field camera)
and 35 mm has been wonderful, Chris asked about "Studio Cameras" used for
magazines. If she literally means "studio" then the camera of choice was
the 8X10. In studio, Life, Look, and most of Conde Nast publications
(Vogue, etc.) used 8X10s. I also think that the film of choice may have
been Super XX in the "early 1950s" though I say this under correction.
                        CHEERS!
                                BOB

 Please check my website: http://www.bobkiss.com/