Re: Film for enlarged negatives

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Wed, 6 Sep 1995 14:37:00 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 6 Sep 1995, Thomas Blomkvist wrote:
> I have mainly used 35 mm negs
> enlarged to Agfa Gevarex GO 210p sheet film developed in Kodak Dektol 1+2 -
> 1+9. The Gevarex is a continuous tone sheet film with a density range of
> about 1.5 that can be handled in dark red safelight. The contrast can be
> adjusted upwards using yellow and downwards using blue filtering in the
> enlarger. I have basically been happy with the Gevarex, but as I really
> haven't tried anything else it's hard to say what I might be missing.

If you have a continuous tone red-light-safe sheet film available at a
reasonable price, I'd say get a freezer full. They've just about vanished
over here. How big is it? Can we get some?

We used to be able to get Agfa N-31 P up to quite large sizes, and a very
nice film it is, price also reasonable; still available from only one
source in States (that I know of ) -- Palladio -- and officially, as far
as US office of Agfa is concerned, DISCONTINUED (the computer did it).

If your film really changes contrast with color filtering (does it say
that on data sheet or could this be simply effect of more or less exposure?)
get two freezers full......

Judy