Re: Autochromes

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Thu, 21 Sep 1995 22:04:05 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 22 Sep 1995 nadeaul@nbnet.nb.ca wrote:
> j'aurai peut-=EAtre ma propre liste
> francophone.

Surely, Luis, you wouldn't do that!!!

> French diacritics ain't straight
> ascii and there is very likely the possibility of a problem. I deal with
> this everyday:-(

If this question commits sacrilege, I apologize in advance, but I'm sure I
wasn't the only long-long-ago high-school French student who managed to
read your message through the code added by its non-ascii-ness.

It would have been much easier if the diacritical marks *hadn't been there
in the first place*! I certainly don't mean to degrade, deny, downplay or
dilute the exquisite French language, but, my question is, for
e-mail practicalities, what if.......

> Votre tr=E8s humble serviteur (-euse?)

Judy