U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: The "Offended" re-replies....

Re: The "Offended" re-replies....

I'll turn off my spam filter if you turn of yours...

Seriously though...what's the big deal?  Is this what you guys do when no
one posts to the list for a while?  Pick fights about trivial things like
spam filters and mailing list archives?

Sure, John's spam blocker is a bit of an inconvenience, but security is
fundamentally a trade-off between functionality and convenience.  By
requiring registration (whether it remembers you or not), his blocker is
doing a much better job than and automated one.

I hardly think it's fair for us to criticize him for his choice in
security software, even if we all get the occasional registration email.

Camden Hardy

camden[at]hardyphotography[dot]net
http://www.hardyphotography.net