U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Pablo Picasso's sculptures got x-rayed

Re: Pablo Picasso's sculptures got x-rayed

If you need relatively low res image of objects made from light
materials, the exposure you need is probably comparable to a single
exposure of chest x-ray image. Using fluorescent screen, you can use a
green-sensitized x-ray film and D-19 type developer. If the object is
made from hard stuff, or if you want more crisp image without using
screen, you'll need a lot more exposure. X-ray imaging through bones,
for example, will require more dose of radiation than chest x-ray.

By the way, if you take a transatlantic flight you are exposed to at
least as much radiation as a single chest x-ray.

However, by no means I'm saying that x-ray is safe or anything.
(Actually I know quite opposite.)

If anyone uses gmail let me know what you see on the sidebar
advertisement... x-ray, x-ray, x-ray... what's the good price now?