U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Threaded Coating Rod

Re: Threaded Coating Rod

BTW, the threaded stainless rods from RD Specialities are not all that
expensive. However, if you just wanted to try this method of sizing out to
see if it works I would recommend one of the common cheap zinc coated ones
and give it a couple of coats of Rust resistant paint.

In theory, it would not nurt to smooth the edges of the rods down a bit,
but in fact I have never had a problem with the edges cutting into the
paper.

Sandy