U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: polymer plate drying time

Re: polymer plate drying time

Jon,

I remove the Mylar and dust with talc (screen and positive). I have a 33x43" vacuum frame with glass, get 22in Hg and I leave it for at least 3 minutes before exposure. I tried Susan's foamcore window treatment and it just did not work for me. I have a ribbed bed to the frame which causes problems with platinum prints, so I have a sheet of black plastic 1/32" thick.

You use an anti-static spray regularly don't you? I clean the glass with a non-ammonia, non-alcohol based cleaner, but no anti-static spray. I also use Pictorico on a roll (never sheets) with an Epson 4000. I do have a 2200 that I use infrequently with sheet Pictorico, but not for gravure - usually small platinums. I dry the OHP in the film drying cabinet for 20-30mins low heat prior to use.

I'm just throwing out things here that you may recognise as being different from your setup.

K.