U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: polymer plate drying time

On 3/17/07, Keith Taylor <taylordow@sprintmail.com> wrote:
On Mar 16, 2007, at 10:50 PM, Jon Lybrook wrote:

> Keith Taylor wrote:
I have a bug bulb placed at the back so I can watch the film and
plate come in contact, and yes, I see the shapes and patterns too!
The gauge on the vacuum frame indicates 22 in Hg nearly straight
away, but it usually takes around three minutes for the patterns to
disappear and the film/plate to be in perfect contact. During all
this, the pressure doesn't fluctuate at all - it remains constant at
22" Hg, so I've learnt to use my eyes and not rely on the gauge.

Keith.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......!!!!  I also get to 22hg quickly, so
figured that was as good as it could get.  I haven't waited after
that, so this is important info for me.  Today I'll try waiting a bit
and see what happens.

thank you!
Susan
--