U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Artistico Unsized?

Re: Artistico Unsized?

On Aug 25, 2007, at 6:37 AM, Dave Soemarko wrote:

First time I heard of it. I just did some search, and it looks interesting.

Thanks for the info!

Dave, this was your comment I was responding to; I took you to mean that you'd never heard of printing with PVA before. Obviously we're miscommunicating, sorry....
kt

From: henk thijs [mailto:henk.thijs@hetnet.nl]
Sent: Saturday, August 25, 2007 9:10 AM
To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
Subject: Re: Artistico Unsized?

On 25 aug 2007, at 14:39, Dave Soemarko wrote:

<< What is of no interest for the paper, but just for info:
he uses no gumarabic -he hates formaldehyde or similar- but uses
Mowiol 88 in stead .... >>

Henk,

What is Mowiol 88?

Hi Dave,
On the box is written:

Polyvinyl alcohol 8-88 ; small clear crystals , if you want to use it and needs some info about percentages etc. just ask.
I ordered it from Kremer Pigmente (on the box the name FLUKA is obviously the manufacturer).
Last time i contacted them, they told me that the 8-88 is not produced anymore, but the 4-44 would be the same , apart from the concentration (!)
cheers,
Henk

www.thijs-foto.com