U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: pinhole negatives without electricity?

Re: pinhole negatives without electricity?

Hi Judy

We have been enjoying a long weekend; I hope these comments are not too late
to be of some use.

Your friend could load the pinhole cameras with pieces of enlarging paper to
be treated as negatives, as you suggest.  If she uses a changing bag she
could do that in daylight, and after exposure use the changing bag again to
load the negatives into some of those print tubes that people use to have
for Cibachrome printing.  (There seem to be plenty of them around, and they
can be used without their roller motors).  The students could then process
their own negatives in daylight, and hang them out to dry before the
printing stage.

The major concern I have is whether enlarging paper would make suitable
negatives for cyanotype printing. If the paper is laced with optical
brighteners it may reflect all the uv light off the white areas, so it would
effectively be totally opaque.  Using lith film may be better.

Don Sweet