To: <alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca>
Sent: Friday, November 02, 2007 11:02 PM
Subject: Resinotype: Melting rosin + pigment mixture -> question

Alberto, I read your exchange with Keith, about melting rosin + pigment mixture and grinding. A question comes to my mind (after reading about rosin/colophony in wikipedia): Do we need strictly heat the rosin + pigment mixture for grinding? Wikipedia article says rosin is soluble in alcohol; can't we just dissolve the rosin in alcohol, add the pigment, grind and then wait for the - irrelevant - alcohol evaporates?

Thanks in advance,
Loris.