U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: "surprise2"

Re: "surprise2"

THOUSAND thanks Ross, I've been feeling like the idiot child at the seminar. But my ISP only provides me with Unix shell, and the web et al is courtesy of my daughter's DSL line (she's got router 2 stories over my head which sends waves through the intervening space & probably through our brains as well -- but so do everyone else's. One of the available stations for instance being "Three Big Fags," another is "Apartment 15," wherever that is. These folks are apparently happy to share -- they are not password protected, tho hers is... But an e-mail program is something else it seems, more complicated than just hitch hiking on an open wire.

Unfortunately daughter can't advise re the connection -- she got tech support from Verizon & a couple of private parties, besides being on a pc. I suppose I'm about to learn more than I bargained for -- and STILL possibly not enough -- like life, obviously.

J.