U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Lightroom

Re: Lightroom

I use Lightroom (beta version updates) all the time for both scanned film and digital files.
The fine-tuning and category rendering of stars, so far, is fine.
For further tuning I'll take the LR rendered piece and open in it Adobe Camera RAW whether
it is a JPEG or TIFF or RAW file.
I also use the Apple monitor calibrated w/an iOne and write icc profiles for the imagery using
software and spectrophotometer from Monaco/XRite.
It works virtually perfect . . . but, I can tell you that perhaps I'm not quite as finicky as
Ryuji or Peter. But, well, gosh, I've printed something like 1200 large images in the past
year and they all match in quality and to the monitor but for a few cases that seem just to
be ornery and intractable. And, besides, I'm happy as a clam with the ease and high quality.
Jack