U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: archivalness of gum

Re: archivalness of gum

Thanks, Chris. Well, you need to go back and ask what he thinks is the most archival, and let us know. :) I'm always curious as to what museum curators (and gallery people) have to say when it comes to alt processes. In my--admittedly, limited--experience, most of the ones I've spoken with don't seem to be all that knowledgeable about, or even very familiar with, alt processes in general. Clearly, I'm meeting all the wrong people, but still-- I'm consistently surprised by who knows what about alt processes (and photography, for that matter), and who doesn't-- including at least one curator I know who is in charge of a large and fairly impressive museum photography collection, but who seems to be totally clueless about alt processes. I guess that part of art history/photographic art just isn't included in curator school. ??