U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Coating Without a Machine

Re: Coating Without a Machine

Dave, I heard the story as an attempted experiment in computer
translation between English and Russian in the fifties or sixties. The
answer given in the version I heard was "The vodka is good but the meat
is rotten".

I heard this story around 1968. It could have been an urban myth, of course.

Tom Sobota
Madrid, Spain

Dave S wrote:
To this I should say "the wine is so inviting, but the meat is rotten." Has anyone heard this expression before? It was from a translation of a translation of "the spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak." :-)
Dave