U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: math question verrrrrry off topic

RE: math question verrrrrry off topic

Chris,

I think what you do is right/good. I think that is especially true with arts
classes. With engineering class, say a calculus class, if you are learning
how to take a derivative, it does not matter whether you learn it by reading
yourself, by asking your friend to teach you, or by listening to your
professor. You end up the same, so if the student can learn it himself, fine
with me.

But in arts class, there are many things that students gain by attending
classes, listening to the teachers, looking at others works (other artists
or even fellow students), engaging in discussions, listening to critiques,
etc.

Dave