U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Mac OS X Leopard (Re: new problem)

Re: Mac OS X Leopard (Re: new problem)

Thanks, Judy.

As to your question, "why do we keep falling for bigger and more complicated items" -- isn't it almost impossible to avoid? None of us is forced to wire our homes and purchase all this equipment-- that's certainly true-- but once we decide to take that route, we're quickly propelled, it seems to me, along a path that moves in only one direction.

I do have a few friends who have steadfastly refused to go over to the dark side; at least two don't even own telephone answering machines. Truth be told, their lives might be happier and simpler. Of course, I wouldn't know-- I can't seem to get in touch with them. ;)

Seriously, though, I've had to work with a couple of those folks on photography events, and though I like these individuals very much and appreciate the work they do-- dealing with them was a royal pain in the, uh, neck. I'd never do it again if I could help it-- unless they got themselves firmly situated somewhere in the 21st C. I guess that's another topic altogether, though.

Anyway-- thanks again, Judy-- and to everyone else-- for listening and for your replies. When Leopard and my Epson 3800 are fully functional/compatible, I'll let you know-- and let you know if it was worth all this grief. :)

Diana