U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: Pittsburgh as "gum" destination-reply with advice

RE: Pittsburgh as "gum" destination-reply with advice

Bob, You are a genius. Not to mention a polymath....Thanks one million times. I was beginning to think you couldn't get there from here. It does sound like Pittsburgh has attractions in more than just one "show", however enticing, and after taking the trouble to go there, I should allow a bit more time.

Although I love Warhol, the "factory" was here & I've seen acres of his art, so would be less tempted to spend time on it in Pittsburgh... The dags and the autochromes however -- we don't have nearly enough of them.... I only once saw autochromes properly lit... I think a show at.... Princeton? They were magical.

Incidentally, flailing about for some info this afternoon (Greyhound does NOT answer its phone and doesn't list its schedule on its website, or not that I could find) I called a friend from Philadelphia to ask what she knew. I was surprised when she told me the city itself is very interesting to photograph... I'm still attuned to the old image of Pittsburgh as smoke and ash, but I gather that's obsolete (and we may do with traffic what they did with steel mills or whatever it was in our old schoolbooks.)

I'll be uptown tomorrow, in the 30s, & will check the Amtrack schedule, trying to convince myself that 8 hours by train wouldn't be that much longer than to and from the plane. Meanwhile, again thanks... (Are you sure you don't need to see those gums? )

best,

Judy