I like how this list sticks to the alt topics, but it IS fun to get glimpses into personal
history sometimes.

susan
March 2008 exhibition online at www.dalyvoss.com
photogravure blog www.susanvossgravures.blogspot.com

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 9:39 AM, BOB KISS <bobkiss@caribsurf.com> wrote:
DEAR JUDY,
       Yes, mine were shot in my (former) loft studio on 19th between Park
and Broadway.  INTERVIEW hired a stable of photographers including Albert
Watson, Bill King, Barry McKinley, me, and many others.  The celebs would
come to our studios for hair, make-up, and styling (choosing clothing &
accessories) and then we would shoot.  I had the time to chat with them and
add some personal knowledge to the info I had gained by doing background
research on them before they arrived.  This gave me material to use to get
them to chat, relax, and open up in front of my lens.
       I would then print a 16X20 black and white print of the shot that
Robert Hayes (managing editor) and Bob Colacello (Publisher) had chosen.  I
would give it to Richard Bernstein who would make a large Photostat of my
print and do his multimedia magic on it; airbrush, hand brush, color pens,
grease pencils, rapidograph, and color acetate overlays.  These would then
be, in the early years, shot with a screen process camera, and in later
years, scanned.
       I have a book that Richard signed for me of all of his multimedia
portraits.  Sadly, Richard died in (I think) the late 90s.
       I think I mentioned that I had shot literally dozens of photos for
the pages inside INTERVIEW.  Most were at my studio but I did shoot some on
location around NYC and in L.A.  I was never a paparazzi.  Everything was on
assignment.
       Ah, reminiscence!  Those were "high times" indeed, but I must
confess that, at this stage in my life, I am right were I want to be.
               CHEERS!
                       BOB
PS: If you like I think I have some of the covers scanned and can send you
jpegs.