U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: ironing gum prints and other musings

Re: ironing gum prints and other musings

The old "analog" gum pigment test was OK when people still were using film (if you could get it to work with your gum brush) but you really have to try the new "digital" gum pigment test to appreciate how far we've come Sandy. I believe version 3.01 is the one you want. Way way better than 2.0 (which was a tad buggy with yellows)! And to date, at least to my knowledge, no one has argued about the results because, obviously, they're digital (read: unchanging and reproducible each time). What will Epson think of next? The digital paperless toilet? (Dare to dream. Dare to dream.)

~m

Sandy King wrote:
Ahhhhh, the old gum pigment test. Now that bring back a lot of memories from the past.

Just wondering, was there ever a consensus as to whether it actually works or not?

Sandy King