U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: gum question

Re: gum question

Hi Judy,
What he told me was:
- Arches aquarelle 300 grs from the shelf, cutting pieces like 100 by 60 cm (something like 40 x 25 inches);
- two time preshrinking half an hour in cold water, drying in between;
-mixing the gum solution, not with gum but with Mowiol (he doesn't like to use 'things becomes bad' w.o.w. arabic gum with some formaldehyde), using only vanDyke brown pigment (Yes, really, he doesn't care about quality of pigments, and obviously people buying his prints doesn't' bother either.)

I saw a demo and the results were really very good, but how it looks after some years, no idea.
What i learned about vanDyke brown was that it ended up as a dull gray after some time.

Cheers,
Henk