U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: I'm back! Hi to all + Silane?

Re: I'm back! Hi to all + Silane?

From: Loris Medici <mail@loris.medici.name>
Subject: Re: I'm back! Hi to all + Silane?
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 22:49:06 +0300 (EEST)

> Or, is it clear acrylic gesso (= plain acrylic medium in
> other words)? I guess almost every ready-made gesso is based
> on acrylic...

Acrylic medium can be dispersed in water, but once they dry,
they make rather hydrophobic surface and I bet it will not
help gum to adhere. Not a good choice for subbing.

Acrylic gesso products usually contain fine granules of
acrylic plastic material that is already in hydrophobic
state. They don't really help adhesion of hydrophillic
material like gum.

I am not very familiar with casein's chemical properties. Will
have to do a quick research when I get home and I'll report if
I find something worthy of reporting before I finish tonight's
dose of Malbec.

--
Ryuji Suzuki
"Strange how people who suffer together have stronger connections