U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: dreamy Nikon lenses

Re: dreamy Nikon lenses

I am compelled to admit that 99 7/10ths of this lens talk is Greek to me, but it does bring two questions to mind:

1. Who remembers the name of the photographer who did lovely portraits with an antique long lens in probably the '90s. He was quite well known at the time, and I'd recognize his name (probably).

2. Supposedly CS2 (or now 3) can do anything you or they or I can do better.... for instance it supposedly has a filter that will fake increasing background blur, to compensate for short focal length of the digital camera. Wouldn't/shouldn't it have a soft-focus filter?

At the very least !?

J.