From: Diana Bloomfield [mailto:dhbloomfield@bellsouth.net]
Sent: Saturday, September 06, 2008 1:10 PM
To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
Subject: Re: Gum website update

No, it really doesn't "all depend," Don.  You show me a *flat* $10/
month DSL connection (and one that is more than a short-term
introductory offer), and I'll be the first to step up and say I was
wrong, and you're brilliant.  But I'm here to tell you that you will
*never* find a $10/month *flat rate* for a DSL connection-- not in
*any* universe.

I haven't had dial-up in years, and would certainly give up using a
computer if I had to go back to one,  so it's no big deal to me.  I
just think a misleading statement like that ought to be corrected.
So there. :)

I will add that I have a lightening fast DSL connection here, but
even so-- some websites that are posted here on this list are slow to
download for me (not speaking of the two that were just posted,
however).  So unless it's something I seriously want to view, I know
I don't wait more than about 10 seconds, if that, for something to
come up.  I move on (and I suspect others do as well).  For those
folks, I'd think about making your images smaller, or doing whatever
it takes to shorten that download time.  As usual, my 2 cents. :)