U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Ruined 3rd tricolor gum print! Grrrr...

Re: Ruined 3rd tricolor gum print! Grrrr...

Loris, what a great way to check on the tonality of your layers; I'd
never thought of doing that, but excellent idea. Well, it looked
like too much blue on the face to me, for tricolor; skin tones tend
more to yellows and reds, with just enough blue to tone down the hues
and to cool the shadows, but not seeing the other colors with it,
and not knowing what your intentions were, I couldn't be sure (if you
intended a very low-key portrait, that much blue might be just what
was needed). But checking it against the channel itself is a good
check on how you're doing, no matter which channel you print first.

Katharine