U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Back after a long time

Back after a long time

Hello!

It's been about 5 years since I posted to this list.  I joined at at time
when I had just taken workshops in Platinum/Palladium and Gum printing and
was all fired up to continue to explore alternative processes.  Despite that
early enthusiasm, I put up some mental road blocks to myself after a few
early failures and returned to standard sliver-gelatin printing.  A month or
so ago I felt I was in a creative slump and decided that it was time to
return to exploration of new areas.  I have decided to work on a project in
which I will shoot pinhole and zone plate images and print them using the
Argyrotype process.  I shot a number of negatives in early September in both
4x5 and 8x10 and spent the next several weeks developing the film while
wating for my supplies to arrive from Bostick & Sullivan.  A few things I
needed were backordered, so I spent another few weeks biding my time and
printing my negatives on silver-gelatin paper to get an idea of how they
look as prints.  Finally last weekend the rest of my materials arrived and
Tuesday night I was able to finally get moving.  The first two images I
printed are available for viewing on Flickr -
http://www.flickr.com/photos/23974660@N03/sets/72157608061261664/.  I'd love
some feedback, good or constructively bad.

Thanks!
Benno Jones
www.bjonesphoto.com