U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: ferric oxalate

Re: ferric oxalate

This is what I do as well.  Without EDTA it takes forever.  Also the best $20 I've ever spent was for a used magnetic mixer I found at a photo store here.  Can't recommend them enough as it has replaced my stirring rods 99% of the time.
Eric

2008/11/10 Loris Medici <mail@loris.medici.name>
10 Kasım 2008, Pazartesi, 11:13 pm tarihinde, Diana Bloomfield yazmış:
> Just having a hard time here, so wonder if I'm doing something wrong

It takes some time (and patience). IIRC, adding a little bit oxalic acid
and EDTA facilitates dissolution (and clearing). I mixed FO w/o any
additives before for Kallitype printing, I was leaving the sludgy mix
overnight to find it was completely clear in the morning. (B&S FO BTW...)

Hope this helps,
Loris.