U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Gum and Photogravure, was: varnishes

Re: Gum and Photogravure, was: varnishes

16 Kasım 2008, Pazar, 12:38 pm tarihinde, Loris Medici yazmış:
> On the other hand, watercolor is a much older medium than oil painting; if
> I'm not mistaking oil was first used in Renaissance period or just before
> it as a paint medium, whereas first watercolors can be dated as old as
> Egyptian epoch (not mentioning the cave paintings), or medieval times...

BTW, I forgot to mention Chinese wash paintings (sumi-e?) on proper paper.
(Dating back to ca. 600-700's...)