U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Taming Fabriano Artistico (Trad. White) for Cyanotype

Re: Taming Fabriano Artistico (Trad. White) for Cyanotype

Yes, indeed. On the other hand I remember that you were quoting Dick
Arentz; oxalic acid treatment + double coating... With all my respect I
don't agree with double coating -> I've seen / done nice Pd prints with
just one coating that were pretty dark in the blacks. Double coating is
just too costly (especially when considering I have to import the
material) to justify the marginal advantage. I'd change paper instead of
double coating. There's the technique of diluting the coating solution
with water 1:1 and coat the paper in two passes (for more even application
with lots of moisture trapped in paper) but even then there's the fact
that double coating introduces problems other than being costly -> like
paper abrasion...

3 Aralık 2008, Çarşamba, 11:34 pm tarihinde, Paul Viapiano yazmış: