U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: Extending gum range

RE: Extending gum range

Can't speak for Judy, but I got 16 steps (with the 31-step tablet -> which
translates to log 1.6 ES) with Pthalo Blue several times.

Also, once, I was using colorized negatives calibrated for Cyanotype (ES:
something like log 1.5) and those were the prints I got the very best
results (especially in the shadows -> contrasty & open). Someone with the
HP9180 can say the UV density of the negatives according to the following
information: Profile: HP Advanced Photo Paper - Glossy, Media: Pictorico
OHP - old version, Negative color: R255+B010. Unfortunately I can't -> I
don't have a UV densitometer...

BTW, I think I'm going to leave the pure gum based calibration approach
for "calibrate for Cyanotype, tailor your gum coating solution and
exposure time to fit it" approach, which after some testing seems to be
the best for my working style & needs...

11 Aralık 2008, Perşembe, 11:29 pm tarihinde, Marek Matusz yazmış: