U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: Extending gum range

RE: Extending gum range

Judy,
Do I understand you correctly that you can make a gum mix of your choosing and then expose it to a standard step tablet and get gradation extending through 15 steps?
Marek

> Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 22:57:33 -0500
> From: jseigel@panix.com
> Subject: RE: Extending gum range
> To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
>

> "Gum range" is not a constant... that is, it's tied to a particular
> density of color. A very lightly pigmented emulsion can get 15 or even
> more steps. A very densely pigmented emulsion can get as little as
> four... and long soaks can increase range by opening up the darks.
>
> J.

Suspicious message? There’s an alert for that. Get your Hotmail® account now.