U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: re-clearing pt/pd

Re: re-clearing pt/pd

Paul,

Have you tested your water's pH level? If it's basic you're going to
make it very difficult to clear your prints. I do something similar to
Matt:

5 minutes in 120F potassium oxalate, 5 minutes in citric acid, 5
minutes each in 2 HCA baths. My highlights have ZERO yellow to them.
You can cover a portion of the coated area with aluminum foil during
the exposure and after processing the covered area should be paper
white or you're having clearing issues.

-Jeremy-