U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Custom color-separations in Photoshop?

Re: Custom color-separations in Photoshop?

Well, that's how normal primary color separations work, of course,
but Michael's point (and Bruce McEvoy's, of handprint.com) is that
for some secondary hues you can't get the same intensity or hue in
the secondary color by mixing primaries as you can by using a pigment
that's in the secondary hue range, and if you wanted to print with an
orange or green pigment, you'd want (ideally) to use a color
separation that was geared for that color.
Katharine

On Jan 25, 2009, at 10:51 AM, Marek Matusz wrote:

Would printing orange through two stacked negatives (a combination
of G and B from the RGB separation) accomplish the same?
Marek

<alt.list@albertonovo.it>

Windows Live™: E-mail. Chat. Share. Get more ways to connect. Check
it out.