To: <alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca>
Sent: Friday, March 13, 2009 9:37 AM
Subject: RE: gum question

Paul,

The B&S gum works fine and comes in powdered form. I believe the Daniel
Smith gum comes premixed in solution though I can't recall what viscosity
their gum is mixed at.

I mix my gum in a drink blender dedicated to that purpose with a little
thymol to work as a preservative. This is the method passed on to me by our
own resident gum mastress Chris Anderson.

You may wish to spend some time searching the alt list archives for this
topic. There have been tons of posts made over the years discussing and
re-dicussing and re-discussing this topic. It's a worth while search though
as there are lots of great nuggets of information to be found posted by the
old masters here on the list.

Don Bryant