To: <alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca>
Sent: Thursday, April 16, 2009 7:41 AM
Subject: Re: Artists' tape

I have part of a roll left of the artist's white tape and have been
wondering what I'll do when it runs out (if all life's dilemmas could be
like this!). A few options I've found:

* Blue painters' tape (Scotch, I think), which is more tacky but comes up
cleanly if not left on too long.

* Collage artist Jonathan Talbot sells a low-tack artist's tape, but its a
bit pricey. His web site says its from 3M; see:
http://www.talbot1.com/collage_supplies/index.html

* Daniel Smith sells an artist tape, but I've never used it so can't say
what its like.

* I've heard of people using gaffer's tape, which is tacky but comes up
cleanly. Again, haven't tried it.

Best, David.

etienne garbaux wrote:
Alas, my last roll of the old Scotch white artists' tape is all but
gone, the core so ratty the part number is no longer legible.  I know it

was discontinued years ago (does anybody remember the part number?)  I
believe Scotch still makes a white artist's tape, but last I knew it's
not the same as the old stuff.  Nothing else I tried, including Scotch's

remaining "artists' tape," even came close.  I was lucky to find a stash

of the old stuff tucked away in an out-of-the-way little art supply
store in the late '80s or early '90s, but now I'm out.

What artists' tapes do people use and like now?

Thanks, etienne