U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Hand collotype in process

Re: Hand collotype in process

Hi Lois,

That is true that you will not be able to keep it without mold. The studio is very humid, and the process needs humidity. I am sure they are strict about the environment, but at Benrido, everything is "analogue." You will not see "state-of-art" facility there. Everything they use in the studio is old and antique in a way. They have been modifying them to their needs over a century.

Next year in Philadelphia, there is a printmaking event called "Philagrafika (http://www.philagrafika.org/)." We are hoping to have a show of collotype March and April if everything goes well (if not we will come up with something interesting as well). If anyone is coming to Philadelphia whether for SPE or just visiting, make sure to stop by out studio.

Warmly,
Tsuyoshi