U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: another 3 layer gum attempt

Re: another 3 layer gum attempt

Much thanks Joseph and Katharine...!!!

I'll study your replies and reflect on what I need to do next.

Pigment is WN Cad Yellow Pale - PY 35
Concentration is 1 gram pigment to 9ml gum
Using .75ml of that mixture to 1ml potassium dichromate (for a 4x5 print)
Sun exposure for 3 1/2 minutes
Clearing 20-25 minutes
Fabriano EW unsized for this first layer

I can print white highlights unsized. I've done it in other prints, so I think it's overexposure, not staining.

Your advice at least gives me a better grounding of what I need to look for, etc and is so-o-o very helpful!

Paul

----- Original Message ----- From: "Joseph Smigiel" <jsmigiel@net-link.net>