U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: gum negatives redux

Re: gum negatives redux

Yeah, I'd say hit it with a really heavy pigment concentration for a short time for darker shadows. What's your pigment?
kt

On Sep 12, 2009, at 5:00 PM, Paul Viapiano wrote:

Well, not finished yet...needs some more shadow work...but...

http://wwwflickr.com/photos/viapiano/3913318805/

----- Original Message -----
From: Jeremy Moore
To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
Sent: Saturday, September 12, 2009 4:34 PM
Subject: Re: gum negatives redux

Any scans or shots of the images? There has been a dearth of new alt prints in my life as of recent.

On Sat, Sep 12, 2009 at 2:42 PM, Paul Viapiano <viapiano@pacbell.net> wrote:
I should've been more clear...I'm getting better gum results from palladium negs than using less contrasty negs for gum. My palladium prints print wonderfully with the palladium negs ;-)

This would be a huge advantage for me, in not having to keep track of two different styles of digital negatives.

Now, I'm wondering how the palladium negs will work with tri-color gum...only one way to find out!

Paul