Re: Fresson again

Greg Schmitz (gws1@columbia.edu)
Wed, 04 Feb 1998 01:04:26 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 31 Jan 1998, Dan Estabrook wrote:

> Ok, folks, I know I'm inviting the wrath of many on this list, but I
> just saw a suite of Fresson prints of images by Cy Twombly, of all
> people, here in New York at the Matthew Marks Gallery - we're talkin'
> big time, big money here. There were eight prints of tulips from about
> ten years ago, and I gotta say - they looked like Iris prints (I've seen
> Nash prints with more richness)...

snip %<

Big money or not - maybe Twombly didn't know what he was doing;
certainly a fair number of the "I'm an artist - bigtime" would fall
into the wannabe I don't know what I'm doin but.... category. Please
excuse my skepticism, I have not seen the show, but "big time", "big
money" does not mean one can bounce from medium to medium with instant
success. Then again maybe the prints were made on old paper :*)

-greg schmitz <gws1@columbia.edu>

>===for PGP Key finger Greg Schmitz <gws1@cunix.cc.columbia.edu>===
:: ::
Key fingerprint = 73 D3 91 15 96 69 74 E5 14 51 71 44 C8 ED 01 11
Key ID: A7026B1D Key Size: 1024 bits Created: 1994/11/10