Re: platinum on glass

Luis Nadeau (nadeaul@nbnet.nb.ca)
Mon, 11 Jan 1999 18:32:00 -0400

At 9:50 AM 99/01/11, kl wrote:
>I am interested in making some platinum prints on glass. Does anyone
>have any ideas on how to get the emulsion to stick to the glass?

There is a brief discussion on this in my _History and Practice of Platinum
Printing_ (3rd ed., 1994). My main reference is: T. Geymet: _Traité
pratique de platinotypie sur émail, sur porcelaine et sur verre_, Paris,
1889.

Very little photoceramic work has been done with platinum. The industry
used pigment processes. I have been working on a book on photoceramics for
many years but once again the project is on a back burner:-(

Luis