Re: Reversal Neg. contrast control

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Fri, 05 Mar 1999 14:35:30 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 5 Mar 1999, Cor Breukel wrote:

> > Freestyle told me it was safe to use regular/orange safelights with this
> > film...... WRONG. This explained some of my contrast drift. Remember that
> > this stuff spends a fair bit of time in the the pre rinse and development
> > trays. It gets a lot of safelight, and mine did create significant fog!
>

> ..one more good reason to use a JOBO (if you have one ofcourse), the whole
> proces upto the second "exposure" can be done in a JOBO paperdrum very
> convenient..Liam is also particulairly cautious with safe-light exposuer
> in his article..

But note that once the film goes into the developer (gets wet) it is very
much less sensitive. I work with a couple of safelights -- a pure red one
with double filter over the "staging area," where film is handled & likely
to be out for a bit while dry, and a stronger light over the developing
tray, the better to see what's going on...

Judy