Re: Kodak Azo Paper Question

From: Ken Sinclair (photo1@telusplanet.net)
Date: 04/05/00-08:00:08 AM Z

Bill,

> Can anyone explain why it only works as a contact printing paper and
>won't work >with an enlarger? Is it the long exposure time, or does it
>need a special spectrum light >not available in an enlarger?

My experience with Azo goes back to the early '50s when, as a newbie I was
introduced to the Large Format camera... At that time contact printing of
these negatives was about all that was available for "small" commercial
houses, and hence the common practice printing by contact... while many
times using a white light/no negative "flash" to somewhat "control" print
contrast. The paper of preference was Azo and the "only" developer at that
time that give decent contrast range along with the good "black" was Amidol.

Now, if I could just find a great 8x10 at a bargoon price and "retire" the
heavy 4x5 Linhof.....

Ken

Carpe ductem

[||/\/\/\/\/\/\|| Ken Sinclair RBP, FBPA
[|| ||-| Applied Photographic Services
[|| || | Lethbridge,
[|| || | Alberta, Canada,
[|| ||-| (403) 381-1654.