Clearing Extravagatypes

From: John Prokos (jprokos@qwest.net)
Date: 12/02/00-10:46:33 PM Z

I have tried everything but heating up the clearing bath, because I don't
have that option in my kitchen sink. I thought this would be the easiest
part of making pure platinum prints. It's hasn't been. I have tried
quadruple solutions of what is recommended in "The New Platinum Print".
Which is EDTA and Sodium Sulfite in water. I have tried Lime Away at four
times the dosage, and I have tried citric acid. I have agitated for nearly
45 minutes and left one sitting in there for over an hour after agitation.
No luck. I still see a little yellow where I put the coin on the edge of the
platinum emulsion. Is it just me or was this made to seem easier than it
really is (these are my first platinum prints)?

Whew.

I am on my way to the Home Depot to get some Phosphoric Acid.
Will this be bad for the integrity of the prints? How about the Dmax?

Are there any other recommendations?

I don't think 7Up is going to cut it :)

Thank you for your replies.

Regards,