Re: suggestions for inexpensive indoor lighting setups

From: Don Bryant (dsbryant@worldnet.att.net)
Date: 12/04/00-10:49:42 PM Z

> I shoot 57 b/w 400 exclusively and am beginning to move indoors with
> portraits. Has anyone concocted an inexpensive lighting setup with
repeated
> success? I can't afford to run out and buy soft boxes and all that. There
has
> to be an alternative to skylights, freezing or 2 second exposures and neck
> clamps.

You may want to dig up some of the Dean Collins books that showed how to
make you own studio lighting on the cheap with PVC tubing and inexpesive
light sources. I never tried it but seemed reasonable to me. However, there
is a lot to be said for the quality of well done strobe lighting with black
and white film, but that all depends on what you are after.

Good luck,

Don Bryant